There are thousands of commercial products and treatments available to help improve the quality of your skin, but only a very small percentage of these are natural. Most skin products contain harsh, damaging chemicals. Just take a look at the Dying to Look Good book. Many products that are supposed to improve your skin are anything but good or healthy for you. Remember the article on MSG in your personal care products? We really have no idea what most of these treatments and chemicals will do to our skin 20 years down the road. Do you want to take that chance with your skin? I sure don’t. If you want to have great looking skin without dangerous chemicals or procedures, there is a way.
Here are some great tips to keep your skin looking fabulous the natural way:
* Drink more water. All cells need water to function properly. If your skin cells aren’t properly hydrated, waste products build up in your cells and keep them from working right and looking their best. Also, if you don’t drink enough water, your cells will retain as much as they can and you’ll end up looking puffy and bloated. Your whole body feels better when properly hydrated in fact.
* Change your diet. You’ve probably heard the phrase you are what you eat a lot. If you think about it, this old saying is 100 percent true. Your body is made up of what you put into it. If you want it to work properly and look its best, you need to feed yourself the nutrients it needs and avoid foods that may damage it. For beautiful skin, you should try to get more fiber and good fats in your diet and avoid foods with a lot of sugar. I see many people that have grey complexions, and eyes that are sunken with dark circles and I KNOW that their diet is poor. You can just tell.
* Improve your circulation. To function properly, our cells need to get plenty of oxygen. If you spend your days sitting at a desk or remaining mostly immobile, your circulation probably isn’t as good as it could be. Increase your circulation by getting more exercise, stretching, or getting regular massages (they don’t need to be professional). My skin is rosy and pink all day after a good exercise session.
* Avoid the sun. A little sun is good for you. It provides vitamin D and can help give you a sunny disposition, but too much sun can do terrible damage. Try to use hats, clothes, or sun block to protect yourself from damaging UV rays. Don’t end up looking like a saddle bag with brown leathery looking skin.
* Use certified organic skin products. Traditional beauty products contain all sorts of unnatural chemicals. Most are there as preservatives, or to give the product a certain scent, color or texture. These chemicals not only have no value to your skin, some may cause cancer and other dangerous problems. That’s why it’s beneficial to use natural products if you want to look your best and stay healthy. Just be sure to check labels, many products will claim they’re natural or organic and only contain one natural or organic ingredient. Be wary of ingredients you can’t pronounce and look for certification seals to be sure you’re getting what you pay for.
With a little time, patience, work and an eye for 100% natural products you can have fabulous looking skin in no time.
Friday, February 2nd, 2007