How To Choose The Best Baby Travel System For Your Car and Baby
Travel systems combine a stroller and an car seat and provide parents with plenty of convenience. It is well-received by parents because of how it makes their life so much easier.
This baby equipment is ideal for people who are always on the road with their precious ones. You can easily click the infant car seat in and out of a stroller compatible to it making it an ideal companion when on the road. Moreover, you will not disturb your sleeping angel when getting him or her to or from your vehicle.
If you’re new to parenthood, you might get overwhelmed with the choices out there. Although you may think it’s a costly option, it is actually far more practical than purchasing a separate stroller and infant car seat. Also, when looking around for the best car seat and stroller combo, it is necessary to read reviews and unbiased top list of combos 2018 to ensure you will not have buyer’s remorse.
Advantages of a Travel System
A stroller is a must-have for those with babies. You will also need an infant car seat if you’re always carrying your bundle of joy around. To save you the hassle and your budget from getting them separately, opt for a travel system instead. Here are some of the advantages of getting one:
- Having a travel system means you don’t have to unfasten, move, and re-fasten your kid when you’re on the parking lot of a mall or other establishments. Just unclick the seat from its base, place and snap it to your stroller, and you’re good to go.
- It’s highly convenient, especially if you live in a place where the weather is always cold. You can shift from car seat to stroller quickly.
- Most hospitals have policies where you cannot leave with your newborn if you don’t have an infant safety seat.
What you Need to Look Out for in a Best Car Seat and Stroller Combo
- Ease of use. How easy attaching and detaching the car seat for the stroller is an essential feature of travel systems. Look for clickable ones and those with fewer straps to avoid more complication and to lessen mistakes.
- Ease of maneuvering. This refers to things such as quick responsiveness, one-hand push, and ease of turning. Although plastic wheels on strollers are lightweight, rubber wheels are easy to maneuver. So if you’re after maneuverability ease and don’t mind the added weight, choose the latter.
- Size and weight. Frame strollers are compact and easily folds and make for a lighter travel system. These types are popular with new parents and moms who underwent a c-section since they are easier to manage and will not take up too much space in your car.
Three-Wheel vs Four-Wheel Strollers
These two types of travel system strollers have minor differences between them.
- Three-wheel is better in terms of overall maneuverability since its turning radius is better, on the other hand, four-wheel strollers are better when it comes to stability.
- Four-wheel is simpler to fold and stands better compared to the three-wheel type.
- Three-wheel is easier to steer with one hand.
- Most jogging strollers come with air-filled rubber wheels which will provide a better ride for your baby.
Should you Buy a Travel System?
Experienced parents often find travel systems quite bulky. Most of the time they prefer to carry their infants in a sling or backpack carrier instead. Your baby certainly needs an infant car seat, and you’re not required to purchase a car seat and stroller combo. You can get a new safety seat now and choose a compatible stroller later on. The decision is up to you.
Keep in mind that pediatricians do not recommend for babies to spend hours and hours in a car seat. It should not be utilized as your little angel’s space for napping all the time. Your baby can develop a flat spot on his head if he spends too much time in it. If you’ll be going on a long road trip, having a stroller or a carrier is a better option.
New or Used?
It is never safe to buy a secondhand car seat, especially if you will not be able to verify its history of a car crash or if it’s more than six years old. However, if your budget does not permit for a new one, make sure to do a thorough recall check of the used car seat or stroller you’re eyeing. It is also crucial to double check that they still have their original parts as well as manuals. A second hand stroller is safe for use as long as it is not part of a recall and has met all the government safety standards.