The moment you mention natural remedies or alternative remedies, essential oils become a topic of conversation, and with good reason! Essential oils can help with anything from a headache to allergies and earaches to menstrual cramps. The list is actually endless on how powerful and healing essential oils really are. Who would have thought a tiny little drop could be such a powerhouse?
My own journey with essential oils began as a teenager some er…20 years ago. I think I may have been the only 16 year old I knew of researching carrier oils and making therapeutic “potions” in my bathroom. I think it made me feel rather mysterious and “witchy” in a very conservative household. Buy hey if my “teenage rebellion” led me to natural health and healing than I was a pretty awesome teenager. Many years later I am still hooked and my whole family now reaps the health and wellness benefits of these plant essences.
If you want to share in love essential oils love make sure to subscribe to my list where I periodically send out emails with amazing recipes and tips for how to use them. Sign up here. It takes two seconds. It also contains an ecourse that walks you through the basics.
Why I Choose Young Living Essential Oils?
I like to know what I am buying, how it was made, what is in it, and if it is ethically and sustainably sourced. These things are important to me. Essential oils are no different. Young Living’s oils are so different as a result of their strict, detailed method for producing the oils to obtain the purest, ‘un-messed-with’ plant essences. Young Living calls this their Seed to Seal process, where every step from planting to bottling is detailed and controlled. And Young Living offers this promise – they own their farms and they run a very tight supply chain. I trust their essential oils above all others because they are pure and unadulterated and are manufactured for therapeutic use not just for their fragrance.
How Do I Get My Hands on These Oils?
It’s pretty easy actually. You can get the essential oils I recommend in one of two ways: Wholesale (signing up as a “distributor”) or Retail (signing up as a “customer”) via the Young Living website.
(step by step instructions below)
Why I Strongly Recommend you go with Wholesale Member…
As a customer you get to buy young living oils. Sounds like a no brainer if you just want oils for yourself and your family but there are several reasons why you want to join as a wholesale member instead. As a Wholesale Member can get you wholesale pricing which is 24% off retail price! You also gain the option of sharing the oils with your friends and family in order to earn commissions and participate in promotions for free oils.
Is there a monthly order minimum?
No. You do not have to order monthly in order to benefit from being a Wholesale Member. However, there is an autoship program (Essential Rewards) that you have the option of participating in ($50 a month minimum) if you would like to earn points on your orders, have one low flat rate shipping fee, and earn free products.
I don’t really want to sell oils.
Since there is no monthly order requirement you can simply order whenever you and your family need/want to. There is no requirement to have a business. But, becoming a Wholesale Member is still most beneficial for your family and your pocket book, business or not.
Since there is no monthly order requirement and you get 24% off retail price when you join as a wholesale member it just makes better sense to join in that form rather than as a “customer”. Unless you like paying full price…but I kinda doubt it.
What do I need to do to get started?
To begin as a wholesale member you start with purchasing an enrollment kit. There are three options to choose from in the USA and two in Canada.
Simply follow the below steps to join Young Living Oils and reap these amazing benefits.
The Premium Starter Kit is the Best Value Enrollment Kit
When you order your own premium starter kit, you are entitled to wholesale pricing on all Young Living products, this is a 24% discount. Share this with your friends and family by ordering for them, or have them enroll to get their own kit and discount. The ‘Premium Starter Kit’ is $300 value package of oils for over 50% off. It comes with:
- 10 oils including Lavender, Peppermint, Lemon, Frankincense, PanAway (a nice massage oil that relaxes the muscles!), Stress Away, Thieves, Purification, Melaleuca Alternifolia, and Joy oil blends.
- A home diffuser (retail value alone on this one is $96)
- Essential Oils at a Glance user’s guide
- Welcome to Young Living booklet
- Citrus Fresh 5-ml
- AromaGlide Roller Fitment (to turn any oil into a roll on)
- two sample packets each of Lavender, Peppermint, Peace & Calming, Lemon, and Thieves (for you to share with your friends!)
- two NingXia Red 2-oz. samples (this is a great supplement for energy)
You can of course get any of the starter kits. I simply recommend the premium because it really is an amazing deal and it is not uncommon for established YL members to bemoan the fact that they can’t order more of them…your startup is your one opportunity.
Signing up as a Wholesale Member – A step-by-step Guide
1. Click over to the sign-up page.
2. Select “Sign up as: Young Living Wholesale Member”
3. The “Enroller ID” and “Sponsor ID” boxes should already be filled in for you. But if not, enter 2063875 in both boxes.
4. Fill out your name, billing address, shipping address, and contact info. (The reason you are asked to list your social security number is for tax purposes. If you make over $600/year selling Young Living products, you will receive a 1099 form in the mail, as is required by law. Young Living will never share this info with anyone.)
5. Create your password and pin which you will use to log in to your account and order your oils.
6. Select your enrollment order. This is where you can specify which starter kit you would like (and you know I think the Premium Kit is the way to go!) – they range in price from $40 on up and you only need to spend $40 to get the 24% discount. Note – you must sign up with one of these kits to become a distributor. This is mandatory. To maintain your 24% discount going forward, you only need to spend $50 worth each subsequent year with Young Living on any product in their store. That’s it! You can also purchase other items at this time if you wish.
7. Set up your *optional* Essential Rewards Program (ER).
Now don’t be confused by this next step. Buying one of the ER kits is not a requirement to sign up as a distributor! This is a rewards program you can opt into to start earning money back to help pay for your oils. At this point, you can skip this step by selecting: ‘No, thank you. I plan on enrolling in the Essential Rewards Program later’. If one of the ER kits looks valuable to you then by all means get one in addition to your starter kit but please understand that you cannot buy an ER kit in lieu of a starter kit. This program is the most economical way to purchase your oils and other products. I belong and I love earning free oils/products though I did not sign up with ER on my initial sign up day. I did it later.
If you decide that this is something you are interested in, select the kit from the listed options that you would like to ship in your first Essential Rewards order. (Despite what they imply – you will not receive this kit every month – you can change the products from month-to-month through your Virtual Office for each ER order and you only need spend $50 a month to remain in the program – the longer you remain in the program the more points you will receive to help pay for your oils.). Then, you will also need to select a ship date. (This is the day each month when you order will go out. I recommend writing this down on your calendar so you don’t accidentally order the same thing twice.)
7. Agree to Terms & Conditions
8. CONFIRM YOUR ORDER. I have had many folks miss this step and end up not fully checking out. To confirm, the tool will log you in and it will show you your order again and it will make you enter in your payment information again. We wouldn’t want that to happen because then you would not get your oils!
That’s it- congratulations!
You will receive a confirmation email– you can log into your back office right away and manage orders, check your team, and send messages. I will also add you my Young Living newsletter.
If you have any questions, please contact me at email@example.com
I am the founder and editor-in-chief of NatureMoms, and I am a distributor for Young Living Essential Oils. As such, I will promote and sell essential oils and related products from Young Living Essential Oils on my site. Due to this pre-existing relationship, I will not engage in direct sales or the promotion of any other essential oil brand, company or products on my site.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
MEDICAL DISCLOSURE: The information included on this website is intended for educational purposes only. It is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. None of the opinions expressed here are meant to diagnose or treat any disease or illness. You should always consult your healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information for your own situation or if you have any questions regarding a medical condition or treatment plan.