Sharon at New Urban Mom has asked me to share seven random and weird things about myself. I have done memes like this before so I feel as though I have very few secrets from you all but I will attempt to share some more. At first I thought I really would delve into my more bizarre nature and number one would have been that I talk to myself…a lot. But then I thought perhaps I would share a few things about myself that I don’t find particularly weird but that other people do (or at least so they tell me) mixed in with a few random but no-so weird things. ;) So here goes:
1. In our house we have a family bed. All of my kids are welcome to sleep in my bed if they so choose although lately it is just one that opts to do this.
2. I don’t believe in circumcision. It is medically unnecessary and traumatic for baby boys so I don’t/won’t do it.
3. I don’t believe in spanking. I think there is always a better and more positive way to teach children.
4. I have a vampire/werewolf/alien paranormal obsession. I like books and movies all in this genre. Two of my kids were named after other worldly creatures.
5. I don’t plan on having any more kids. I am at the big 3-0 now and since I had massive doses of chemo I think it would be better to put a ixnay on the idskay.
6. I have a celebrity fan site blog where I obsess talk about a man that is not my husband. Well, to be ahem…honest, I have a couple other fan sites too. :)
7. Worms eat my garbage. See here for an explanation.
Okay I fulfilled my obligation Sharon.