In previous posts I believe that I have discussed my dedication to the ideals of attachment parenting. AP parents everywhere are no doubt excited by the changes occurring within Attachment Parenting International. They have a new look and many new resources available to parents that want to parent with connection and attachment.
Attachment Parenting International (API), a non-profit organization that promotes parenting practices that create strong, healthy emotional bonds between children and their parents, has several exciting changes they would like to announce, including:
- A newly redesigned web site and new logo at Attachment Parenting.org
- Attachment parenting worldwide support forums
- Parent Education Program – a comprehensive series of classes for every stage and age of child development from infancy through adulthood
- A new book based on API’s Eight Principles of Attachment Parenting by API co-founders Lysa Parker and Barbara Nicholson which is expected to be available this summer
- A series of podcasts, webinars, chats, and forums with API Advisory Board members and other supporters of AP. Future events are scheduled with Dr. Bob Sears, Dr. James McKenna, and Kathleen Kendall Tacket.
These are just a few of many exciting things going on at API. I hope you’ll stop by and check it out for yourself.