A few weeks back I was reading a raw foods blog (sorry can’t remember which) and I read a review of Amazing Grass products. At the time I mentally filed it away as a reminder to try them sometime. Then a few days later I walked by a display in Whole Foods and they were handing out samples of the original flavor. It was YUM! I bought a couple canisters right then including the berry flavor and the Kidz Chocolate flavor. Quite simply we are in LOVE with Amazing Grass…
They are raw vegan, certified organic, totally delicious products. They are a tasty blend of alkalizing greens, antioxidant rich whole food fruits and vegetables, immune boosting support herbs, and friendly pre & probiotics in powder form. You add it to water, nut milks, juice, smoothies, etc. The one I tried at Whole Foods was just water. Just look at this list of benefits from their web site:
- Contains our blend of Amazing Grass Organic cereal grasses and organic alfalfa.
- Loaded with a complete spectrum of the three major Green SuperFoods; Cereal Grasses, Alfalfa and Micro-Algae.
- More organic whole-leaf greens per gram than any other Green SuperFood – Not from Juice!
- Contains no Soy Lecithin fillers
- Naturally balanced powerhouse of Anti-oxidants, B-Vitamins, Beta Carotene, Bioflavonoids, Lycopene, Folic Acid, Dietary Fiber, Super Oxide Dismutase (SOD), and Omega 3, 6 & 9 Essential Fatty Acids.
- Complete “Live Food” with beneficial enzymes, carotenoids and phytonutrients (plant pigments) that help fight free-radical damage, aging and tumor causing mutations.
- Contains probiotics- the friendly microorganisms that promote healthier digestion and regular elimination.
- Contains prebiotics- selectively promotes the growth of healthy intestinal bacteria.
- Alkaline green plant foods balance acidic pH levels.
- Naturally detoxifies and boosts your immune system.
- Contains essential fatty acids (EFA’s) that help keep skin soft, elastic, and youthful.
- No Synthetic, Isolated or Fractionated Vitamins & Minerals.
This is some amazing stuff right? So you would rightly expect it to taste like crap right? Well, sorry to disappoint but this stuff is beyond delicious. I ate a spoonful of pure powder and it was GOOD. It tastes even better in a drink. I just love the fact that it is sourced from whole foods too. It is the next best thing to eating all those fruits and veggies in tact.
After a few days of drinking a couple servings a day I have noticed a huge difference in my energy levels. My kids are always energetic so who knows if they are feeling it as well but Amazing Grass DOES pass the kidlet taste test. See below for irrefutable, scientific, lab approved PROOF!! Video below:
Obviously that was the chocolate flavor designed especially for kids. But they also like the berry flavor. As shown in the picture above we added a cup of frozen strawberries, a ripe banana, a cup of spinach, a handful of ice, a cup of fresh OJ, and a cup of water to our indispensable Vita-Mix blender. Then I blended all of that with two scoops of Amazing Grass Berry Green Superfood.
Doesn’t it look oddly delicious?! Well it ended up being a rust colored smoothie that was BIG on taste. Every sip was accompanied by a full bodied groan of pleasure. Don’t even think about drinking it in front of other people, lest your enthusiasm embarrass you. Or you could just tell them you are impersonating Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally.
Ready to get your kids eating 33 different fruits and veggies in their juice, milk, or water each day??
Amazon has them for 23% less than retail price right now. That is a smokin deal! You can also get them at Whole Foods.
Amazing Grass Green Superfood Powder (Original)
Amazing Grass Kidz Superfood Powder (also chocolate)
Friday, September 4th, 2009