You don’t find many drink recipes for the Instant Pot do you? Well, beat the summer heat this year with this refreshingly fruity iced tea. The best part? This quick and easy Instant Pot version is ready to enjoy in under 30 minutes!
The key is to remove tea bags as soon as the pressure has been fully released to prevent bitterness. If you prefer stronger tea and want to leave the bags in longer, add a pinch of baking soda prior to brewing and that should fix it.Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes + time to come to pressure
8 C water
6 Organic black tea bags, paper tags/staples removed
4 Fresh peaches, pitted and cut into chunks
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, finely minced
Local honey, to taste
Kick it up a Notch:
1 fresh peach, cut into thin slices
6-8 fresh mint sprigs
- Add water, tea bags, peaches, and fresh ginger to Instant Pot and stir everything to combine.
- Lock into place and seal the vent. Press the “Manual” button and cook on manual for 5 minutes.
- When finished, allow pressure to release naturally (NPR) for 10-15 minutes, then do a quick release (QR) to allow the remaining pressure to escape.
- Carefully strain the hot tea mixture into a heat safe pitcher with a fine mesh strainer to remove the solids.
- Sweeten with honey, to taste, and stir to combine. Cool slightly before serving over ice with peach slices and sprigs of fresh mint, if desired. Enjoy!